- Helps Prevent Onset of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT): PlasmaFlow helps prevent DVT, a leading factor for hospital readmission following major orthopedic surgery.
- Provides Possible Alternative to Anticoagulants: PlasmaFlow offers physicians another option to help tailor preventative care to patient risk and provides an alternative for patients contraindicated for anticoagulants.
- Provides Convenient Home Therapy: As hospital stays continue to shorten, PlasmaFlow provides a portable solution for patients to take home and keep. This allows facilities to offer mechanical DVT prophylaxis for the 2-3 weeks patients need it most, without the hassle of renting or servicing equipment.
- Improves Patient Experience: PlasmaFlow enables patients to have the prophylaxis they need, in a simple, easy to use device without tubes or hoses.
- Lowers Total Costs: Bundled payment of care initiatives are driving single payment for an orthopedic episode within 30-90 days of surgery, including costly DVT readmissions. By reducing DVT-related expenses and potentially reducing costs for anticoagulant regimes or compression device rental programs, PlasmaFlow helps reduce the total cost of the episode.